Covid cancels barbecue event


The planned South Mississippi Boucherie Barbeque Festival, which had been moved to August, has fallen victim to COVID-19. Organizers said due to continuing concerns about coronavirus, the decision to cancel event was made by the Boucherie committee last week.
In a Times advertisement this week, the committee said the cancellation comes “…due to health concerns and mandated restrictions pertaining to coronavirus.”
However, the 2021 festival is scheduled for March 26-27 next year at the same location, Southwest Events Center.
“While we are very disappointed to share this news, the health and safety of our county, competitors, vendors and visitors remain our top priority. We are grateful for the overwhelming support from our community, sponsors and participants,” the committee noted in its advertisement this week
The competition was originally schedule for March this year, then moved to August after the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Leave a Comment