So far, the annual Adopt-a-Family listing of needy children at Christmas has about 38 applicants who have been screened and approved by the Adopt-a-Family committee.
To adopt a family on the list, call Tesa Payne at (601) 876-8178.
1. Adopted anonymously.
2. Adopted by the Rand Family.
3. Adopted by Laird’s Tire.
4. Adopted by Christopher and Destiny Jennings, Isabella and Madison.
5. This single mother is unemployed at this time, making it difficult to provide Christmas this year. She has a 12-year-old daughter, and boys that are 8, 5, and 3. These children are asking for clothes, games, Legos, and a basketball.
6. A grandmother is raising three boys, 16, 11, and 9, on a small assistance check from DHS. She has no job. One of the children is special needs. Any help would be very much appreciated.
7. Adopted anonymously.
8. Adopted by Creekside Grill.
9. Adopted by Braycen and Blayklie Alford.
10. A single mother of a 13-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl has no income other than from SSI. The children would like to have bikes for Christmas, but there will not be any under the tree unless they have help this year.
11. Adopted by Kyndal and Addy Craft, Kage Bedwell, Keaton Roberts, Rustyn and Talen Boyd and Harley and Kylin Payne.
12. Adopted anonymously.
13. This disabled mother needs help providing Christmas for her 15-year-old son. Without help, this teenage boy will likely not have any Christmas cheer this year. Anything is greatly appreciated.
14. This is a single mother of 3 that receives Snap benefits. This will not provide Christmas. She needs some help to make Christmas happen this year at her house. The boy is 14 years old. The girls are 12 and 5. Each of these children are asking for a bike.
15. This single mother of a 15-year-old boy receives Snap benefits and a small amount of SSI. This teen is asking for clothes, a jacket, and a bike. Without help, he will likely not receive anything.
16. Adopted by Austin and Cellina.
17. Adopted by Richard and Diann Alexander.
18. A single working mother of three young children, two boys, 4 and 3, and a 1 year- old baby girl, is working hard to support her family with no help, but it is difficult. There will be no Christmas for these children unless they are adopted. The boys would like to have bikes. They all need clothes and the little girl needs baby toys.
19. Adopted anonymously.
20. Adopted anonymously.
21. A married mother of a 12-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl is raising these children on food stamps. Her son would love to have a basketball and goal, and the daughter would like a Baby Alive. There’s not much chance of these things being under the Christmas tree this year without a secret Santa.
22. Adopted by Sayler Polk.
23. Adopted anonymously.
24. Adopted anonymously.
25. This is a mother of 2 children that only receives DHS benefits. The boy is 10 and the girl is 13. They both ask for toys, socks, shoes, and clothes. The mother needs a little help to provide presents under the tree this year.
26. This single mother only receives a small amount of social security and food stamps each month. Without help she will not be able to provide gifts for her 16-year-old and 15-year-old daughters, and 2-year-old boy. The girls are asking for makeup, jewelry, and art supplies. The little boy is asking for stuffed animals and learning toys.
27. Adopted by Lauren Dunaway
28. Adopted by Lynlee and Morgan Pittman.
29. Adopted by the Prissy Peacock.
30. Adopted by Preston Thomas.
31. Adopted anonymously.
32. Adopted anonymously.
33. A mother of three, a 12-year-old boy and two girls, 8 and 6, takes care of her children with DHS benefits. There is nothing left over to provide a Merry Christmas this year without help. All of the children would like to have bicycles under the tree.
34. A mother of three, a 7-year-old girl and two boys, 5 and 2, supports her family with only DHS benefits. The children would love to have toys under the tree, such as, JoJo Silva, Spider Man, and Paw Patrol, just like every other child. Won’t you make their Christmas wishes come true?
35. Adopted by Jimmy and Jennifer Fortenberry.
36. A single mother of four, two boys, 2 and 1, and two girls, 9 and 7, supports her large family on DHS benefits. There is no way these children will have a Christmas without help. All they ask for is clothes and shoes. I’m sure they would love to have some toys as all children would, but they would be so happy to have anything from Santa.
37. A single mother of two girls, 12 and 9, receives DHS benefits. The girls would love to have a tablet for school but would be happy with whatever they receive. There will be little under the tree without help.
38. Adopted by Lori Swanner Interiors.
39. Adopted by Mike and Lori Swanner.
40. This is a single mother of 3. This family lives off of a small amount of SSI and food stamps. The girls are 7 and 7 months. The boy is 8. These children are asking Santa for toys.
41. This is a single mother of 3 raising her children on food stamps. Each of her children are asking for a bike this year. The boys are 10 and 5 and the girl is 8. Without a little help, they will likely wake up disappointed on Christmas morning.
42. This single mother of a 15-year-old daughter works, but barely makes ends meet. She is asking for a little help this year to provide Christmas. Her daughter is asking for clothes and shoes.
43. This single mom of 2 daughters receives SNAP benefits, and is unable to provide Christmas gifts for her girls. The girls are 4 and 1. They both ask for toys, clothes, and shoes.
44. This is a single mother of 2 children. They live off of DHS Benefits. She is unable to provide Christmas gifts for her 2-year-old daughter and 1-month son. These babies would be excited about receiving anything this year.
45. This single mother of a 2-year-old little boy receives only DHS Benefits. This baby doesn’t ask for anything in particular, but would be so happy to wake up to any gifts this Christmas morning.
46. This is a single mother receiving only DHS Benefits. Her 3-year-old son is asking for shoes, clothes, and anything Paw Patrol. The 5-month-old baby boy is in need of clothes, shoes, socks, and a few toys.
47. This grandmother is raising her 9-year-old granddaughter only on a small amount of social security each month. Times are tough for this grandma and she needs a little help this year. She is asking for food gift cards, and the little girl is asking for clothes, a doll, and earrings.
48. This single mother of a 2-year-old daughter only receives DHS benefits. She will not be able to provide Christmas gifts this year without some help. This baby girl is asking for a baby doll and shoes.
49. This single mother works every day, but is barely able to make ends meet each month. She is asking for a little help in providing gifts for her two sons. The boys are 13 and 14. They both are only asking for a hoodie. These boys would appreciate anything and are very thankful for the help.
50. This family receives a small amount of SSI each month. It will not be enough to provide Christmas gifts for the children this year. The girl is 14-years-old and the boys are 12 and 7. These children would appreciate anything.
51. This family receives DHS benefits each month. They need help this Christmas. The little boy is 2 and the baby girl and 11 months. The little boy is asking for toy trucks and cars. This family would appreciate any assistance they receive.
52. This single mother works, but will not have enough left after paying bills to provide Christmas gifts for her children. The children do not ask for anything in particular, but would be excited to wake to anything on Christmas morning. The girl is 11 and the boys are 9 and 1 month old.
53. This mom and dad work to support their large family, but will not have any extra to provide Christmas gifts. The boy is 7 and the girls are 11, 9, 3, and 1. They would appreciate anything.
54. This is a mother to 6 children. She works and receives DHS benefits, but will not have anything left to cover Christmas expenses this year. The girls are 15 and 14. The boys are 12, 10, 7, and 5. They are all asking for different things such as clothes, shoes, bikes, toys, and games. They would appreciate any help.
55. This mother works hard every day to provide for her 2 children. She lives from paycheck to paycheck and is unable to provide Christmas gifts this year after bills are paid. The boy is 15 and the girl is 9. Both of these kids are asking for bikes.
56. This grandma receives DHS benefits each month and needs some help to provide Christmas for her 14-year-old granddaughter. This teen is asking for clothes and bath and body products.
57. This single mother receives DHS benefits and a small amount of child support each month. Without any help, her two children will likely wake up disappointed on Christmas morning. The boy is 14 and the girl is 2.
58. This single mother of two receives DHS benefits and a small amount of SSI. Her daughter is 9 and her son is 7. These children would love to have some toys under the tree on Christmas morning.
59. This single mother of a 2-year-old little girl receives DHS benefits and SSI every month. She barley has enough to cover bills at the end of the month. Without help, this little one will most likely not receive anything for Christmas. She asks for a unicorn bike, clothes, and a doll.
60. This single mom of two children works, but does not have enough to provide Christmas this year. The girl is 17 and the boy is 14. These teens would love to wake up to some gifts on Christmas morning.
61. This family receives DHS benefits, and will not be able to provide Christmas for their three children. The boys are 8 and 2. The girl is 12. These children would appreciate anything for Christmas.
62. This single mother receives DHS benefits and a very small amount of SSI. She has two teen boys that are 16 and 17. Even teens like to wake up to surprises on Christmas morning. They are not asking for anything in particular, but would greatly appreciate anything.
63. This single mother of a 7-year-old boy receives only DHS benefits. This will not provide Christmas for this little one. He asking for toys, games, clothes, and shoes.
64. This single mother receives DHS benefits. She will need help to provide Christmas for her 16-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son. Without help, these teens will likely not have any presents under the tree on Christmas morning.
65. This single mother of three girls needs a little help this year providing Christmas. She receives DHS benefits. The girls are 12, 4, and 2 weeks old. They need clothes and would like some toys. Anything is appreciated.
66. This family works hard to provide for their large family. At the end of the month, it’s just not enough to provide Christmas gifts for the children. The girl is 1. The boys are 10, 8, 6, and 3. These kids do not ask for anything, but would be happy to wake up to any gifts under the tree.